Mothers Take Heed

I am a single mom, but don't let the phrase fool you. I'm no wuss. I'm not into pity parties. Settling is not my thing. Instead, I want to show the world that mothers are not the weak ones, and it doesn't take a man to raise a God loving child, who is respectable, loving, kind, sharing, and selfless. I intend on proving it to the world that SINGLE MOMS ROCK. There are many of us out there. I believe that all women have what it takes to raise children the right way. All women, however, do not align themselves with other women, behaviors that spawn from the unknown and from paralyzing fear of failure. It is my goal to help empower all mothers- single or married, gay and straight by telling my stories so that other moms will not ever feel like they are doing it alone.

My daughter is Sarah. Her father is absent, so I am a wrestler, a lecturer, a chef, a comedian, a maid (not a very good one though), a cheauffer, a butler, a coach, a friend, a teacher, and a legend in her eyes- just like you probably are to your child. If you are not, start preparing yourself for a journey that will make you a good parent, even when you feel you are at your lowest point. I want to be encouraging, uplifting, and always thankful to God, who makes moms strong. Were it not for Him, I might not be here today. Let's get ready to grow. Subscribe to my feed, and I will supply you with real life stories that are sure to make your heart smile and occasionally purr.

Monday, December 19, 2011

quick, to the point- me and Sarah

I should start by saying that I am not your typical, woe is me, I'm all alone doing this child rearing thing, oh God, What do I have to live for kinda pathetic excuse for a woman, Mom. I am independent, self-motivated, happily setting the standard for middle class, and exuberant to be on this journey of motherhood alone. In fact, I'm not alone. I have Sarah, my brilliant co-pilot. She's funny, somewhat sneaky, yet adorable and only a whopping 4 yrs old. My mini-me. The mascot of all mascots, the Princess, the Biscuit. I'm the queen. We are a dynamic duo, not to be reckoned with. I'll expand more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment